According to a recent article on Forbes.com, the golf industry’s economic impact has been reported by various industry insiders as being nearly $70 billion per year. Its charitable impact is close to $4 billion per year through 143,000 events and 12 million participants.
Get ahead of the game and lead your clients through the process of planning a golf event by offering up this useful planning checklist:
1 Year Out…
- Recruit your committee
- Develop a budget
6 Months Out…
- Seek out sponsors
- Select tournament site & date
- Decide on format & event prizes
- Target participants & send out invites
- Coordinate food & beverage menus
3 Months Out…
- Prepare tee signs
- Meet course director – go over details
1 Month Out…
- Finalize sponsor participation
- Order giveaways, awards & prizes
2 Weeks Out…
- Deliver materials needed at the course
- Meet course director – finalize details
Day of Event!
- Arrive at course early
- HAVE FUN!…
Consider the following ideas as you plan your budget and your giveaways:
- Custom kits – consider a customized kit specific to your audience, region, weather, or level of play. BIC Graphic has the stock and in-house kitting abilities to keep things simple for you.
- Awards – need an award for the winners? Or perhaps a recognition piece for the planning committee? An elegant JAFFA(R) plaque or paperweight may be the way to say “thank you”.
- Prizes – Need a “closest to the pin” or raffle prize? Golf accessories like shoe bags, totes, club head covers and gloves make perfect prizes. BIC Graphic has a wide assortment from well known brands such as Titleist(R), Taylormade(R) and Nike(R).