Pantone Color Institute has announced Ultra Violet as the 2018 Color of the Year! PCI chooses a color each year symbolizing current design trends and cultural moods. The shade is described by Pantone as “provocative and thoughtful,” communicating originality and visionary thinking that points us toward the future. 
So how can you capitalize on the trend? Embrace it! This annual buzz-building endeavor by Pantone is bolstered through brand partnerships, with companies often releasing merchandise in the Color of the Year. The limited-edition trendy colors outperform core colors for these products year after year. 
It isn’t difficult to harness the power of purple for your business, make an impact and connect with consumers. BIC Graphic has you covered with over 375 products in this inspirational hue! Read on for some ideas and insights on where to focus your Ultra Violet efforts throughout the year.
Festivals & Concerts
The intensity of Ultra Violet speaks to the emotional imagination of musicians. According to Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the PCI, the hue speaks to contemplation and is the symbol of artistic brilliance (think: David Bowie, Jimi Hendrix and Prince). 
- #15835 KOOZIE® Block Grocery Tote Kooler – This large and easy to carry tote is the perfect size for drinks and snacks with stylish details like striped carrying handles and alternating color zipper accents.
- #26045 Two-tone Black Frame Sunglasses – Classic folding eyewear with UV400 protective lenses and imprint on the brightly-colored arm.
- #32125 HMDX® Daze Bluetooth® Speaker – A high quality speaker in a small package that can be hung upside down to create a disco light show. How cool is that?!
Education & Collegiate
Gender-neutral Ultra Violet appeals to the youth market, so schools and universities with a similar school color will be especially interested in using it for 2018.
- #15860 Wave Notebook w/ Epiphany Pen – The steady demand for notebooks with pens continues into the New Year! This 70 page plastic cover notebook has a modern wave accent and matching #55402 Epiphany Pen inserted in the elastic pen loop.
- #AP3200 Atchison® A Step Ahead Messenger – This bag has a hook-and-loop closure on the front flap with organizer panel, mesh water bottle pocket, adjustable shoulder strap and headphone port.
- #45065 Colored Acrylic Tumbler – The durable acrylic outer, stainless steel interior and spill-resistant slider lid make this an attractive item that will last a long time.
Purple is the awareness ribbon color for over ten different cause campaigns in the US! Most notably, the purple ribbon symbolizes National Cancer Awareness Month (February), Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month (June) and Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month (November).
- #30309 Ultra Clip – Get your message in front of everyone with this powerful magnetic clip. This useful product is sure to stick around for a long time.
- #55210 Element Pen – This translucent plunger-action pen has a matching color grip for a quality, cost-effective giveaway item.
- #35503 Calla Lily Award – Each elegant glass award with deep etch imprint is an individual work of art that is the perfect way to recognize those who inspire.
Religion & Spirituality
Purple is the color of religious tolerance and is the liturgical color for Lent and Advent in Christianity. The mystical quality attached to Ultra Violet is also used in meditation spaces to energize and inspire.
- #CSWBMES – BIC® WideBody® Message Pen – Offering a wide profile design accommodating a large barrel imprint and the ability to include up to six rotating messages.
- #46129 Bilby Mug – This contemporary mug has a large 15 oz. capacity in a stylish matte black finish with brightly colored inner.
- #15832 Harper Striped Tote – A cotton tote with large main compartment and durable robe handles with a stylish accent strip down the center.
92% of trade show attendees say they are looking for new products so why not stand out?  Ultra Violet is bold, represents visionary thinking and communicates originality.
- #30915 256MB Folding USB 2.0 Flash Drive – 45% of US consumers own promotional USB drives, and 91% of people keep promotional USB drives because they are so useful. This item comes with an unattached black lanyard and is available with a screen print or laser engraved imprint.
- #55871 Status Stylus Pen – It doesn’t get any better than the Color of the Year in a trendy metallic finish with this new multi-function pen. The modern design is completed with black plunger, clip and rubberized accents.
- #41025 – SPF-15 Lip Balm with Leash – This lip balm is Made in the USA and available in a variety of flavors with a 4-color imprint on the wraparound leash.
Ultra Violet is energetic and fits perfectly with the bright & bold colors saturating the fitness market. The hue symbolizes experimentation and spurs individuals to push personal boundaries.
- #46071 Quench™ Grand Journey Tumbler – 53% of U.S. consumers own promotional drinkware, so be sure to make a bright and lasting impression!  Perfect for cold or hot beverages, this double-wall insulated tumbler has a twist-on, flip-up lid and colorful silicone grip.
- #45341 Exercise Mat – Great for yoga or pilates, this mat has a textured-non-slip surface and comes with a stylish coordinating bag.
- #15558 Hexagon Print Drawstring Backpack – This functional drawstring has a hexagonal pattern on the front and reflective panels at the corners. The stylish design is perfect for corporate fitness program campaigns and Q1 health club promotions.
Visit bicgraphic.com to view all our Ultra Violet inspired products.